Phifer Family YMCA in Morganton, NC
Wellness Programs Designed to Help You Age Your Best
Taking good care of your health is the key to aging your best and enjoying life. At Grace Ridge, our wellness programs foster total well-being, so you can truly enjoy a fulfilling retirement. With opportunities and activities that promote whole-person wellness every day, residents are inspired to live healthy, stay active and be young at heart!
Health and wellness activities include:
- Modern exercise spaces and fitness equipment
- Membership at Phifer Family YMCA, a 26,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art fitness center with heated indoor swimming pool, yoga, racquetball courts, personal trainers, massage therapists and cardio-fitness classes
- Membership at Mimosa Hills Golf & Country Club, with full access to rounds of golf, tennis matches and dining with friends
- Access to Catawba River Greenway and Fonta Flora Trail for walks, runs or hikes
- Wellness seminars and access to UNC Health Blueridge medical clinic and experts
- Annual health screenings and nutritional counseling with our registered dietitian
Nurturing the Mind, Body and Spirit
When it comes to your holistic well-being, emotional health and physical wellness are equally important. At Grace Ridge, you’ll find numerous opportunities for individual activities and you’ll be welcomed into clubs, on-campus programs, spiritual fellowship, volunteer opportunities and more.
Through our affiliation with UNC Health Blue Ridge, Grace Ridge residents enjoy complimentary memberships to both Phifer Family YMCA and Mimosa Hills Golf & Country Club. Phifer Family YMCA offers dozens of weekly classes, plus a sauna, steam room and heated indoor pool. In-house wellness and fitness programs include yoga and Ageless Grace — exercises based on everyday movements and designed for all ages and abilities.
Morganton, NC, offers many opportunities to step outdoors for fresh air and invigorating activities. Our location in Nature’s Playground makes it fun and easy to explore the outdoors and maintain or start better health habits, with easy access to the Catawba River Greenway and Fonta Flora Trail for walks, runs or hikes. From greenways and walkable trails with waterfall views to crystal clear lakes and majestic mountains, there’s something for everybody to do outdoors.
For added peace of mind, you can rely on 24-hour emergency response and on-site security at all times.