About Grace Ridge Retirement Community
Grace Ridge Retirement Community is a Life Plan Community owned and managed by UNC Health Blue Ridge. Our thriving community combines all the modern amenities you expect in a fulfilling retirement lifestyle, plus a nurturing environment where neighbors become friends and friends become family. In addition to independent living apartments and cottages, we offer assisted living, skilled nursing, and memory care to our residents.
Want to get to know us better? Use our contact form or call us at 828-580-8300 to learn more.
Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Grace Ridge spans 52 pastoral acres in the heart of Morganton, NC, with panoramic views of the Catawba River Valley. Enjoy the things you love in a setting that celebrates all four seasons, including a mild summer and just enough winter flakes to build a snowman.
With so much to do at Grace Ridge, you may never want to leave the community. But when you do venture out, you’ll see what makes Morganton, NC, a dream retirement destination. From wine trails and waterfalls to gazing in awe at the 1,200-foot-deep Linville Gorge, there’s something for everybody to see. Plus, our Burke County location places us approximately one hour’s drive from Asheville and Charlotte. Should you prefer the shore, nearby lakes and Carolina’s famed beaches are within driving distance.
Our mission is to create a secure environment supportive of an individual’s choices and preferred way of life. To uphold our mission, we live by these core values:
- We believe in being truthful with every interaction and adhering to high moral principles and professional standards.
- We believe in treating others with respect, courtesy, attentiveness and sensitivity, and we do so with a high level of enthusiasm.
- We believe a good mood is integral to wellness and key to enjoying your retirement.
At Grace Ridge, we complement gracious senior residences and Southern charm with programs that promote fitness and intellectual and spiritual vitality. Our affiliation with UNC Health Blue Ridge gives you the confidence and peace of mind that all your needs will be met, so you can turn retirement into renewal.
As a Life Plan Community, Grace Ridge provides a full continuum of care — including assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing — for peace of mind. If your health needs change, you can move to a higher level of care without leaving the community you call home. We offer several types of contracts, including Type A Life Care, Type B Modified Plan, and Type C Fee-for-Service. Each one provides professional and expert health services from UNC Health Blue Ridge.
Awards and Accolades
Grace Ridge is honored for the recognition we’ve received recently for our caring staff, top-notch facilities, unique programming and vibrant and active residents.
Team and Staff
- Grace Ridge Gem Award for excellence for teamwork and extraordinary compassion, 2017 – Kelli Huggins, Grace Ridge Wellness Coordinator
- UNC Health Blue Ridge Values in Action Excellence Award, 2017 – JJ Lanier, executive director of environmental services
- Burke County United Way “Spirit Award” for the significant positive impact Grace Ridge volunteers have on the community, 2017
- UNC Health Blue Ridge Teammate of the Year, 2016 – Teresa Powell, LPN, Grace Ridge Memory Care Coordinator
- UNC Health Blue Ridge’s Value in Action Excellence Award, 2016 – Teresa Powell, LPN, Grace Ridge Memory Care Coordinator
- UNC Health Blue Ridge Pinnacle Award, 2015 – Charity Elliott, social worker
- Leading Age North Carolina Service Excellence Award, 2015 – Charity Elliott, social worker
- UNC Health Blue Ridge Pinnacle Award, 2014 – Evelyn Beaver, director of life enrichment
- Choice Community for High Levels of Resident Engagement by Holleran, 2019
- Excellence in Action Award for Outstanding Resident Satisfaction by National Research Corporation, 2017
- Gold and Silver Awards, Grace Ridge direct mail program and community brochure, Service Industry Advertising Awards, 2017
- Excellence in Action Award for Outstanding Resident Satisfaction by My InnerView/National Research Corporation, 2016
- Platinum Award, Good Moods at Grace Ridge program and community brochure, Generations Awards, 2016
- Gold Award, Creative Age Senior Art Exhibit and Good Thoughts blog,Generations Awards, 2016
- Beautification Award by Morganton Community Appearance Advisory Commission, 2015
- AVA Digital Award Gold Winner, 2015
- Merit Award, Good Moods Marketing Campaign, National Mature Media Awards Program, 2015
- Excellence in Action Award by National Research Corporation for Superior Commitment to Assisted Living Customer Satisfaction, 2014-15
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Culture of Safety Ranking, 2015
- John D. Greene received the The Order of the Long Leaf Pine Society award and was also honored by the Boy Scouts of America – Piedmont Council (Gastonia, NC) for his volunteer work, 2017
- The City of Morganton recognized Bill Allman for his “unrelenting dedication, selfless efforts and countless hours of service” as a member and chairman of the Community Appearance Advisory Commission.
- Burke County Democratic Party dedicated its headquarters in Morganton to Marcus E. Key, former BCDP two-term party chair and chairman emeritus, 2017
- Mars Hill University Baptist Heritage Award, 2016 – Ron Martin
- Order of the Long Leaf Pine award, 2015 – Ron Martin
- Morganton Rotary Man of the Year, 2014 – John Greene