Our Retirement Lifestyle in Morganton, NC
Community Life Centered on You
Step into an exciting future with new possibilities at Grace Ridge. We offer a fresh take on senior living with a variety of engaging options for you to enjoy. Through planned activities, wellness programming, delicious and healthy dining, lifelong learning, cultural opportunities and spiritual fellowship, you’re sure to enhance your overall health, independence and well-being.
It’s easy to get involved and meet new friends by joining one of our resident committees, clubs, or interest groups. If playing bridge or billiards is your game, there’s a spot for you in the game room. If you love a good show, enjoy front-row seats in our state-of-the-art theater. Dig deep with fellow gardeners in our raised flower and vegetable beds. The scenic Blue Ridge Mountains provide a myriad of outdoor recreation opportunities right outside your door, from hiking and bird-watching to stargazing and treasure hunting at nearby gem mines.
Here’s a snapshot of the lifestyle and amenities waiting for you at Grace Ridge:
- Planned cultural, educational and social events
- Day and overnight trips (local and abroad), including mystery trips to exciting destinations
- Productions and events in the Ervin Community Room, a 200-seat auditorium
- Volunteer opportunities such as Grace Ridge Handcrafters
- Chapel with weekly nondenominational services
- Outdoor garden with raised flower/vegetable beds
- Numerous interest groups, such as: gardening, hiking, sewing/crafting, traveling, walking, book club, wine club
Games & Entertainment
- Live musical performances and community concerts
- Rooftop solarium and lounge with magnificent mountain views
- Movie theater
- 24-hour library and reading rooms
- Card rooms for bridge clubs and impromptu games
- Sewing room
- Game and billiards room
- Multipurpose room
- Wi-Fi internet access in common areas
- In-residence cable and Wi-Fi access
- Spacious formal dining room
- Private dining room for special occasions
- Café with outdoor seating
- Takeout and delivery dining options
- Gracious lobby and gathering area
- Custom wellness planning
- Membership at Phifer Family YMCA
- Membership at Mimosa Hills Golf & Country Club
- Nutritional counseling
- On-site personal training
- Personalized meal plans
- Annual health screenings
- Routine clinical services
We welcome people of all faiths for weekly worship services, gospel music and enlightenment in our on-site chapel. Enjoy Sunday worship with the faithful or walk in our gardens to commune with nature. Residents are also invited to join our Spiritual Life Committee and take part in weekly prayer and Bible study groups.
Helping others enlivens the mind, body and mood, so we honor that tradition with numerous ways for residents to get involved. Grace Ridge has opportunities for community involvement right here on campus; one such opportunity involves making toys for children in the hospital. We’ve also aligned the community with various nonprofits to provide volunteer opportunities for residents within the community at large.
Expand your mind through classes and lectures at our own Grace Ridge University. We offer continuing education classes in a variety of topics, including languages, literature, art, music, history, religion and philosophy. In addition to Grace Ridge’s educational and lecture series, residents can explore lifelong learning opportunities at nearby Western Piedmont Community College — at little or no cost!
If you’re seeking a retirement lifestyle filled with art, culture and exceptional dining, you’re in the right place. Grace Ridge is just minutes away from all the entertainment options downtown Morganton has to offer, including wineries, art galleries, breweries, artisanal crafts and concerts.
Dining and shopping:
There are gourmet and casual dining options throughout the area for all palates, which you’re sure to enjoy after an afternoon of shopping at Morganton’s many boutiques, galleries, antique shops or outlet malls.
Museums and history:
With roots that date back to the 1700s, Morganton takes its history very seriously. Learn about our region and Burke County at one of our area museums.
- History Museum of Burke County
- Morganton Railroad & Depot Museum
- McDowell House at Quaker Meadows
- Senator Sam J. Ervin Jr. Library and Museum
- Waldensian Heritage Museum
- Hickory Aviation Museum
- Hickory Museum of Art
Fine art and Appalachian folk art have become synonymous with our region. The famed Fresco Trail makes its way through Morganton with a Benjamin Long fresco painting on the ceiling of CoMMA. Burke County showcases art at a number of local galleries including:
- City of Morganton: City Hall lobby
- CoMMA lobby exhibits
- Hamilton Williams Gallery
- Burke Arts Council
- Old Rock School
- Signature Artists Studio Xi
- Valdese Heritage Art Center
The City of Morganton Municipal Auditorium also welcomes symphony, comedic and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Events and festivals:
There’s a variety of local and cultural events including the Historic Morganton Festival, Annual Arts on the Square, seasonal open-air farmers markets and holiday parades.